Tuesday 16 September 2014

Goddess Antheia





“Antheia’s themes are promises, friendship, trust, honor, community, love and relationships. Her symbols are gold colored items, honey and myrrh.  Since 800 B.C.E. Antheia has been known as the Greek Goddess of marriage, companionship and good council. These attributes manifested themselves in a triple Goddess figure who flowered, sought a mate and reached perfection. Today we ask Her to bless our rites by flowering within our souls so we too can obtain spiritual perfection.


“Antheia was one of the Charites, or Graces, of Greek mythology and ‘was the Goddess of flowers and flowery wreaths worn at festivals and parties.’ Her name is derived from the Ancient Greek word anthos, meaning flower, and She was depicted on vases as an attendant of Aphrodite with other Charites. She was known to the Romans as Anthea. Her center of worship was on the island of Crete.

Antheia was the Goddess of Vegetation, Lowlands, Marshlands, Gardens, Blossoms, the Budding Earth, and Human Love.”


I chose the Goddess Antheia because I love flowers. And by just looking at them bloom makes my mood lighter and I also remembered that during my childhood days, I usually make wreath that is made of flowers and put it on top of my head and walk like a Goddess/fairy. Those were my happy memories that I really want to go back to.


She is also known as the greek Goddess of companionship and good council. And Im that king of a person who values my companion and 
always the one who gives advice to others especially to my friends. 

Her theme also signifies myself as a friend who knows how to value our relationship/friendship and can be trusted by others.
I have an outgoing and caring personality, always willing to serve and bring joy to others just like Antheia.

And I believe that everyone of us is a Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment